Library cards are available to anyone who presents identification containing a current, valid address (see list below). Patrons 17 or older may register for their own card. Patrons in Kindergarten through age 16 may register for a card with parent/guardian approval. After submitting a completed Library Card Application, patrons are issued a card with a unique barcode that gives them access to physical library materials and as well digital content (ebooks and magazines, historical databases, language learning, and other online learning tools). Patrons can use this barcode to manage their library account online including renewing materials and placing holds.
Acceptable forms if ID/proof address to obtain a library card include:
- NYS Driver’s License
- DMV-issued ID card
- Working papers
- Current college/university/school/employee/government-issued photo ID card (if it lists a current home address)
- NYS motor vehicle registration
- Current rent bill or lease agreement
- Tax bill or receipt
- Pay stub/W2/bank statement
- Report card/school mailing
- Statement from a homeless shelter
- Cable, phone, or other utility bill
For questions regarding Library Cards, please email the Director.