The Clifton Springs Library serves the Village of Clifton Springs as well as parts of the Town of Manchester and the Phelps-Clifton Springs Central School District. The library was originally charted in 1895 as The Peirce Library Association of Clifton Springs. In 1923 an amendment to the library’s charter changed the name to Peirce Free Library. In 1968 the library became the Clifton Springs Library.
Our 5000 square foot facility incorporates a late nineteenth century passenger train station. The building underwent construction in 1991 and east and west wings were added which are now the Children’s Room and Meeting Room. Many original features remain, including the ticket window and decorative archways. The renovation won the Landmark Society of Western New York’s Award of Merit that year.
Today the Clifton Springs Library community is thriving! We house 16,500 print materials and 3,450 audio visual items. There are 5 public-access computers and free Wifi available throughout the building. In 2017 the library welcomed over 30,000 visitors, circulated more than 41,000 items, and hosted 912 programs for all ages.