Bulletin Boards and Posting
Library bulletin boards are available for the posting of notices related to library business or library-sponsored activities and public service items of educational, cultural or civic interest to the community.
• Library bulletin boards are not intended as a forum for the expression of the views or opinions of individuals or groups.
• The Library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of organizations permitted to post or distribute information on the bulletin board.
• Any notice to be considered for posting must be submitted to Library Director for approval. Notices posted without authorization will be removed.
• In fairness to numerous community groups, the Library may limit the frequency with which notices may be posted by the same organization.
• All notices posted on the Library bulletin board must contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring agency and/or its authorized representative.
• Notice size/dimensions may be restricted to maximize available space.
• Notices will be removed when they are no longer timely or when space is required for more current items.
• The Library assumes no responsibility for the preservation or protection of any materials delivered for posting. Materials will not be returned.
• The following will not be accepted for posting:
- Materials endorsing or opposing the election of any candidate for public office
- Materials endorsing or opposing the adoption of federal, state or local legislation
- Materials promoting commercial products or services
• This policy has been established by the Board of Trustees and is subject to periodic review and/or revision at the discretion of the Board. Appeals may be submitted to the Board in writing.