It is the intent of Clifton Springs Library to provide a safe environment for the public and staff and also for library materials, equipment and facilities. Library policy is to comply with all local, state and federal laws, and provide equitable access to and use of library facilities and services. To these ends the library will clearly outline the standards of conduct for use of the library and its collections.
The following rules of conduct shall be in effect on library premises.
1. No person shall engage in any fight, commit an assault or assault and battery upon any other person.
2. No person shall commit an act of larceny by taking any property not his/her own.
3. There shall be no incidences of obscene conduct or indecent exposure.
4. No person shall knowingly destroy, damage, deface or remove any property not his/her own.
5. No person shall violate any federal, state and local laws regarding sale and/or use of controlled substances.
6. No person shall appear intoxicated or under the influence of controlled substances and thereby endanger directly the safety of another person or property.
7. No person shall remain in the building after its regular closing after being told by a staff member to leave.
8. There shall be no disturbing the public peace and quiet by loud or aggressive conduct or by the use of foul language.
9. No one shall be allowed to solicit or accost any other person for the purpose of committing any criminal activity.
10. No one shall bring into the library any firearms, knives or other weapons, which are also prohibited in public places.
11. All persons entering the library must wear shirts and shoes.
12. There shall be no consumption of food and/or beverages in the library except in the staff areas or as authorized by library personnel.
13. Bicycles, roller skates and skateboards shall not be used on library property.
14. Animals shall not be brought into the library building except for leader dogs for the blind.
15. There shall be no campaigning, petitioning, interviewing, survey taking, soliciting or sales, or other speech or conduct which results in the disruption of library activities. Exceptions to this rule exist when it is to the benefit of the library and must be approved by the director.
16. There shall be no gambling on library premises.
When the behavior of a person violates any of the above or constitutes a disruption which interferes with the use of the library by other patrons, or interferes with a staff member’s completion of his/her duties the following steps will be taken:
a. A verbal warning will be issued, with the statement that the person(s) will be asked to leave if such behavior does not cease.
b. The person will be asked to leave the library.
c. Police will be called if the person does not leave.
In the case of a juvenile causing a disruption, which interferes with patrons or staff members, staff may elect to call a parent and bar the juvenile from the library unless accompanied by an adult.
A staff member may intervene with a child in order to prevent injury or property damage.
Any time a staff member feels that a patron’s behavior is threatening to the safety of other patrons or staff members, the staff member in charge will call the police immediately.
Borrowers Responsibilities for Inter Library Loan
Patrons will be notified when materials are available at Clifton Springs Library. Materials will be held until the due date and then returned to the lending library if not picked up. Patrons will also be informed if it is determined that materials are unavailable.
Materials should be returned by the due date indicated. Due dates are established by the lending institution. Overdue charges for late materials will be assessed in accordance with Clifton Springs Library’s overdue fee schedule.
Renewals may be requested, but are determined by the lending library.
The borrower assumes all responsibility for Interlibrary loan charges and for any replacement or repair costs if materials are lost or damaged